Manages the New Projects unit and responsible to ensure it functions effectively and efficiently
- Manages daily operations of New Project Unit to ensure all agreed KPI targets are achieved.
- Lead on following-up and/or exploring new area e.g. Hydrogen, Thermal Energy, etc., to be developed into a project
- Prepare necessary documents for Development Expenditure (DE) request and lead related procurement, project management, putting in place the governance and all related activities for a successful project implementation.
- Responsible in managing and motivating immediate direct reports
- Plan, develop, execute, monitor and report approved actions to progress the regional Gas Market Hub aspiration.
- Support other matters important to MPRC when instructed by head of Operations (example national OGSE Industry Blueprint 2021-2030).
- Possess at least a bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university
- Have at least 5 years working experience with strong understanding in the relevant oil & gas and energy field
- Experience managing senor stakeholders from the Government Ministries, Government agencies, industry, associations, financial institutions, academia, etc.
- Experience in managing projects, studies and able to work closely with consultants.
- Academic background and/or experience in oil & gas and energy is a bonus
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient written and speaking skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Good supervisory and managerial skills
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
- Able to prepare formal letters, reports, presentation material, etc.
- Good document management skills
- Able to work in a team with internal and external stakeholders from all levels
- Flexible and versatile in managing different assignments
- The ability to manage and deliver complex projects within the stipulated targets
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good facilitation skills to manage discussions involving various parties
- Problem solving skills.