The role is responsible for supporting Head of Department/Reporting Manager in implementing and monitoring the department KPIs/projects/initiatives particularly in these area(s);
- OGSE100 annual publication
- OGSE sustainability plan, roadmap, and framework
- National OGSE Industry Blueprint (industry wide guidance & best practices, data depository)
- MPRC research products
- MPRC database
- MPRC data management
1. Managing internal/external data & analytics
- Responsible for annual publication of OGSE 100, & OGSE sustainability
- Responsible for managing and handling sensitive information regarding OGSE companies including financials
- Provide information and insights to support MPRC teams, relevant government agencies (i.e BNM, Petronas, MATRADE, DOSM) and other stakeholders
- Lead MPRC’s analytics by utilising available data and perform analysis on new data from internal/external parties
- Lead Oil & Gas Satellite Account/industry survey (interagency project - PETRONAS & DOSM)
- Responsible for managing the industry baseline exercise and OGSE industry data depository initiative
- Lead analysis on sustainability reporting from top OGSE 100 companies
2. Conduct data-driven analysis and formulate reports/presentations as per requirements.
3. Build new relationships and strengthen existing ones as well as engage with relevant stakeholders to obtain insights and produce quality deliverables.
4. Keep abreast with national data relevant to OGSE and market trends/outlook (i.e., sustainability).
5. Identify and manage required data source(s) and develop data storage solution.
6. Effectively manage small teams, collaborate with relevant stakeholders and deliver strong outputs for senior management.
7. Provide support on other initiatives for the Corporate Strategy and Research department as and when required.
1) Data management & analysis
2) Financial analysis
4) Stakeholder management
5) Project management
1) Data analysis - Intermediate
2) Data presentation
3) Microsoft applications – Excel (Intermediate), Power Point (Intermediate)
4) Research - Intermediate
5) Database management - Intermediate
6) Business strategy - Intermediate
7) Power BI
1) Analytical/quantitative – the work involves data analytics and quantitative processes
2) Attention to detail – the results from the analysis and research need to be verified and validated to ensure accuracy
3) Confidentiality – need to ensure data sensitivity is protected
4) Critical thinking
5) Problem solving – able to offer solutions or initiatives for complex arising matters
6) Teamwork - a team player as the job requires engagements with various stakeholders
7) Time management – efficient time management skills with ability to multitask various projects concurrently meeting required timeline
1) 5-12 years experience
2) Knowledge of R Studio (basic-to-intermediate) or any equivalent software would be an added advantage