The role is responsible for supporting the Head of Department/Reporting Manager/team members in implementing and monitoring the department KPIs/projects/initiatives - Acts as the focal point of daily operations for Procurement and Financial Operations.
- Support Head of Department/ Reporting Manager to conduct analysis, formulate solutions, propose recommendation/implementation plan with clear targets
- Execute and deliver detail tasks for projects/initiatives as per Head of Department/ Reporting Manager's instruction
- Track, manage, monitor and report progress of tasks assigned with guidance from Head of Department/Reporting Manager
- Engage with stakeholders at all operational levels to obtain alignment and shared direction
- Provide support to the Head of Department/Reporting Manager in preparing correspondence, reports and presentations
- To perform any other ad-hoc duties assigned from time to time by management/ Head of Department/ Reporting Manager whenever deemed appropriate
Procurement (Functional Details)
- First point of contact for all inquiries on procurement.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement process to ensure compliance to the policy and procedure.
- Coordinate end to end procurement activities with internal stakeholders and bidders for all sourcing/tendering activities.
- Maintain all master data, contract listing and service level agreement with vendors.
- Conduct periodic review on vendor and contract performance.
- Coordinate the reporting on procurement activities and performance.
- Implement process improvement initiatives on procurement practices to adopt best practices relevant to the business activities.
- Ensure proper filing for all documentation on procurement activities for audit purposes.
Finance Operations (Functional Details)
- Liaise with payment agent on vendor payments as per payment cycles
- Ensure vendor received payment notification after each payment transaction
- First point of contact on all invoice or payment related queries/issues
- Assist in the compilation of payables information e.g. spend report
- Be involved in month-end accounts closing activities and assist on audit or tax-related matters
- Petty cash management
- Maintaining fixed asset register, asset tagging and annual assessment of fixed asset
- Ensure all financial operation activities in compliance and adhere to Company policy and procedures
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and other financial operation task required from time to time as and when required
- Posses at least a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/ Procurement/ Finance/ Accounting from a recognised university with a minimum grade of second class upper or having more than 8 years of working experience, if do not possess bachelor's degree.
- Have at least 1 to 5 years working experience in the relevant field
- Microsoft Applications (Intermediate)
Additional skills and experience - in the following areas would be an added advantage: HR/Office Administration/Accounting/Finance, Financial Analysis, Project Management, Business Ethic and Corporate Governance Statistical Knowledge
1. Problem Solving
- Strong analytical skill, critical in solving issues/challenges
- Offer sound solutions for operational issues
2. Communication skills
- Excellent written/ verbal communications skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Additional language is an advantage
3. Stakeholder engagement
- Able to engage stakeholder at all operational levels with confidence in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to handle confidential matters in appropriate manners
5. Execution & Program Management
- Meticulous and detailed oriented
- Multi-task/handle multiple projects and assignments, whilst adding value to each assigned tasks
- Action oriented, independent, self-motivated and self-driven to deliver results
- Prepared to work long and odd hours when needed, under pressure and within tight deadlines